What does Public Bank PB CurrentLink Account offer?
PB CurrentLink Account offers the convenience of managing your finances flexibly via cheque book facility, ATM / debit card, internet banking via PBe online and ATM machines.
To top it off, this is the only current account that rewards you with BonusLink Points for every Ringgit you have in your PB CurrentLink Account.
When you open one account, you earn 300 BonusLink Points already, plus another 100 BonusLink Points for your introducer. All you need is a minimum initial deposit of RM3,000 to open this current account.
Is this an interest-bearing current account?
Unfortunately, it is not. This current account, however, gives you BonusLink Points which can be used to redeem attractive goods and services from BonusLink.
How can I earn BonusLink Points via this current account?
It’s very easy. For every Ringgit you have in the current account, you earn 0.03 BonusLink Points, on a condition that you keep a Monthly Average Credit Balance of RM500 per month.
There is more. You get extra BonusLink Points when you purchase Banker’s Cheque for MIDF/MIH public share via debiting of your current account. The catch is, you need to perform this transaction over-the-counter and the minimum purchase amount must be RM2,000.
What are the fees and charges I should know?
These are few but significant fees and charges you should be aware of:
- Half yearly Service Charge: RM10.60, regardless of amount of daily balance
- Early Account Closure: RM20, if closed within 6 months of opening
- Cheque Processing Fee: RM0.53 per leaf, plus RM0.15 Stamp Duty
- Dishonoured Cheque: RM150, due to insufficient funds
- Stop Payment Cheque: RM21.20, upon instruction
- GST: 6%, where applicable
Is it safe to keep my money in this current account?
You can rest assured that your money in this current account is protected for up to RM250,000 under the Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia.
How to open a Public Bank current account?
To open a current account with Public Bank, you need to have an introducer who maintains a current or savings account with Public Bank for more than 12 months and not a bankrupt person.
When opening the current account, your introducer must sign the application form. You are also required to bring along the following documents:
- MyKad or Passport
- For a non-resident individual, he/she must produce a valid work permit or a student pass/letter of referral from a college/institute.
For Self Employed
- MyKad or Passport
- Business Registration Certificates (Form A & B)
- Business License (Form D)
- Certificate of Incorporate
- Business License
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Latest Form 24 & Form 49 (Companies Act, 1965)
- Resolution of the Company's Board of Directors (duly certified by the Chairman and the Secretary of the Company)