What is the AIG Travel Assist Premier about?
The AIG Travel Assist Premier is one of the 3 plans under the AIG Travel Assist Comprehensive Travel Insurance policy. You get to purchase international travel insurance to protect you in the event of injuries, disablement or death caused by an unforeseen accident, medical expenses as a result of an accident or illness, travel inconveniences and travel assistance for both domestic and overseas travels.
What are the main benefits of this travel insurance policy?
The major benefits provided in this insurance policy includes:
- Medical Related Benefits
- Personal Accident Benefits
- Travel Inconvenience & other Travel-Related Benefits
- Trip Assistance Solutions
Who is eligible to apply for the AIG Travel Assist Domestic?
If you’re looking to get an annual plan, you’ll need to be between 18 years and 70 years of age to purchase. If you wish to get your child covered, you may only do so under a per-trip plan. Your child must be between 31 days old and 18 years old to be eligible for a per-trip coverage.
So, whether you’re a business traveller or a student who wants to travel the world during your school holidays, AIG Travel Assist would be able cover you, giving you and your family peace of mind when you’re on your trip.
How long can I get covered for?
For domestic trips, you can be covered for up to 60 consecutive days per trip, whether you’re on the annual plan or the per-trip plan. If you travel overseas frequently, you have an option of getting the annual plan which gives you up to 100 consecutive days’ coverage per trip.
However, if you plan to be abroad longer than 100 days, you’ll have to opt for the per-trip plan which gives you up to 210 consecutive days of coverage.
What should I do if the airline loses my baggage?
You’ll need to lodge a report and seek compensation from the airline. If you don’t receive any compensation from the airline, you may file in the claim for the loss.
What won’t be covered by the policy?
This policy does not cover death or injury caused by activities related to:
- Armed forces, peacekeeping or similar groups;
- Semi-professional and professional sports, or where you’ll be receiving an income periodically;
- Motor-vehicle racing;
- Any occupation that is not administrative or management related; or
- Diving beyond 10 metres in depth;
- Manual works, offshore activities, handling explosives or aerial photography.
If you’re heading to countries like Afghanistan, Cuba, Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan or Syria, then any loss, injury, damage or legal liability arising from your travels will also not be covered.
Are sports activities covered under the policy?
All leisure sports like scuba diving, paintball, tennis and golf are covered at no extra premium as long as you’re not participating in a semi-professional or professional capacity, and you’re not getting an income out of it.
Can I cancel my policy?
You may cancel your policy by sending a 30-day written notice to AIG’s registered address.
- For annual policies, the policy will be cancelled from the 1st day of the following month after the cancellation request has been made. The refund of premium is pro-rated based on the unused period of coverage.
- For per-trip policies, the policy will be cancelled at AIG’s discretion. There will be no refund of premiums once the policy has been issued.
Do I need to pay any additional fees or charges?
There will be a 25% commission fee on top of your premium, along with RM10 stamp duty and 6% GST. These charges are pretty much standard for the majority of travel insurance plans.