What is Takaful Ikhlas Kembara Plan A?
This is shariah-compliant travel insurance created by Takaful Ikhlas, aimed to provide you with the necessary protection against any mishaps, injury, and illness you will experience during your journey abroad.
In the unlikely of your death, your family or chosen beneficiaries will also be compensated by Takaful Ikhlas, including payment for your funeral expenses.
Who is eligible to apply for this product?
This product is available to all Malaysians of at least 3 years of age up to maximum of 65.
What are some of the benefits covered by this products?
The main benefits covered under this plan are as follows:
- Accidental death - in the event of your untimely death while overseas, your family can receive financial support
- Immediate death/funeral expenses - Takaful Ikhlas can also cover your funeral expenses
- Flight cancellation or curtailment - if you cancel your flight due to an emergency, you can claim for compensation
- Travel inconveniences - loss your luggage? including your money and passport? Make a claim fast.
- Medical reimbursement and hospital allowance - you will be given daily income when you're bed-ridden on the hospital bed
- Personal liability - compensation for injury and illness to other people caused by your actions
- Hijacking - let's hope this never happens during a flight!
How long can my policy protect me?
As this is a single trip plan, you are allowed to apply coverage for up to 31 days. However if you're having tons of fun and need to extend your travel time, all you need to do is to pay additional fee of RM4 for an extra week.
How do I submit a claim to Takaful Ikhlas?
For death and disablement claims, you must hand in a notice in writing within 14 days after any injury or illness occurs. If you missed out on this time period, the Takaful Ikhlas insurance holds the right to reject any claims!
How do I claim for a refund if I cancel the product?
Yes, definitely. You are allowed to cancel this policy when you notify the insurance company 14 days prior to the coverage of your insurance begin.
The amount of refund you will receive will depend on the days left before the expiry of your contract period.
Can I renew my policy once expired?
Once the product is expired, it is advised that you pay the renewal fee within the 14 days time period to continue to be entitled to all the benefits.