Overview of Affin Bank Credit Cards In Malaysia
With annual fee waivers along with cashback, rewards and petrol credit, AffinBank credit cards are among the cheapest in town! Partnerships with Touch 'N Go and BHPetrol makes AffinBank credit cards a great choice for motorists. You can get an Affin Bank credit card with both Visa and MasterCard, so you can be sure your card will be accepted almost everywhere you go.
What are the Features and Benefits of Affin Bank Credit Cards?
1. Annual Fees Waiver
Other than the AFFINBANK Basic cards (Mastercard or Visa) which has a lifetime annual fee waiver, the annual fee is waived for the first year on all Affin Bank cards. The fee is also waived for the subsequent year, provided that you spend a minimum amount per year (differs from card to card) or swipe minimum 12 times in a year.
2. AFFIN Reward Points
AFFIN Rewards Points (replacing 0.8% cashback program) helps you earn 1x points for every Ringgit spent on retail purchases and 3x AFFIN Points for every Ringgit on overseas purchases with your Affin card. You can now shop to your heart's content knowing that you will be rewarded in return with a slew of benefits under the program.
How to get rewarded? You can visit the bank's reward program website to browse through the catalogue of free items you can redeem with your accumulated rewards points - let this be your motivation.
Also, there are ways to speed up your points collection: (1) sign up on other Affin Bank's products and services, or (2) encourage your supplementary cardholders to spend (or sign up for ones if you don't have any yet). That’s how you can maximise your credit card benefits.
3. Unlimited Cashback
With Affinbank Visa Business Platinum card, you are entitled to unlimited cashback whenever you spend while you're on business trips. Earn 1% cashback on overseas purchases and 0.3% cash back on local purchases - no caps.
Your Affinbank credit card cashback will be calculated at the end of your monthly statements and will be credited at the beginning of the following month. Do note that cashback is not applicable on your petrol, charity, government-related transactions as well as Cash Withdrawals.
4. Petrol Credit & Low Cash Advance Finance Charge
While there is no cashback on petrol transactions, Affinbank BHPetrol ‘Touch & Fuel’ MasterCard Contactless provides RM20 petrol credit upon approval with no maximum cashback limit.
This petrol credit card also promotes lower cash advance finance charge of 15% while other cards are charged 17.5% - 18%. So if you ever need to make an urgent purchase or foot an exceptionally large bill, you can request for a cash advance depending on your credit card limit or available credit limit, whichever is lower.
You can now tap to pay with the contactless payment feature on your Affin Bank card the next time you go shopping. All you have to do is to tap your card at the contactless reader, which is linked to an Electronic Point-of-Sales Terminal.
6. High Insurance Coverage
Affin Bank’s credit card members get not one but two types of insurance coverage - Travel and Personal Accident Insurance. If you charge the full airline tickets with your Affin credit card, you are rewarded with complimentary travel insurance and travel inconvenience coverage to secure your peace of mind when traveling. The sum assured is doubled for family coverage.
However, the cherry on the cake for Affin Bank credit card such as Affinbank World MasterCard, is the free personal accident insurance of up to RM100,000. This will make sure that you are covered for any injury, disability, or death due to an unforeseen event.
7. Flexible Credit Lines
To meet your varied financial needs, Affin Bank offers a range of line of credits with flexible repayment methods at competitive rates.
For example, you can use Affin Bank Balance Transfer Instalment Plan (BTiP) orAffin Bank Easy Instalment Plan (EiPlan) to settle all your credit card(s) outstanding balance, in which offers payment terms from 6 to 36 months on any retail purchase with one-time upfront interest rate charge starting from 2%.
Other than that, you can also opt for Affin Bank’s Cash-on-Call Instalment Plan (CIP) to supplement your cash needs with payment terms from 6 to 24 months at 6% one-time upfront interest charge.
What are the interest rates for Affin Bank credit cards?
Affin Bank adopts a tiered interest rate in a range of 15% - 18% per annum. Interest rate charged will commonly be higher should you have a history of inconsistent repayments and lower interest rate if you are prompt in repayments.
What are the minimum monthly repayments for Affin Bank credit cards?
Affin Bank members are required to make minimum monthly repayments of 5% of the current balance or a minimum of RM50, whichever is higher. Monthly repayments will have to be made on the stipulated due date.
Failing to do so may result to late payment charge of a minimum of RM10 or 1% of total outstanding balance (excluding interests and fees), whichever is higher and up to a maximum of RM100 for Affinbank World MasterCardandAffinbank Visa Business Platinum.
For other cards, the late payment charge will be a minimum of RM5 to a maximum of RM50 or 1% of the total outstanding balance, whichever is higher.
How much does it cost to get a replacement card?
If your card got lost, stolen or damaged, you can get a replacement credit card for RM50 per card and RM20 for Affinbank Basic credit cards (MasterCard & Visa), generally within 7 working days from the date of issuance.
Am I eligible to apply for Affin Bank credit cards?
To apply for a Affin Bank card, the principal cardholder will have to be at least 21 years old, while the supplementary cardholder is to be at least 18 years old. Minimum annual income differs from card to card.
What are the documents required to apply for Affin Bank credit card?
You can compare and apply for Affin Bank credit card here. To speed up your application, it’s best to prepare the documents required for the application.
If you are a Salaried Employee, please provide any one of the following documents:
- Latest 3 months salary slips
- Latest 6 months commission statements (commission earner)
- Latest pension fund statement (pensioner)
- Latest BE form with tax payment receipt
- Latest EA form
Above income documents to be supported with any 1 of the following documents:
- Latest EPF statements (with a minimum of 6 months contribution amount must match with salary slips/salary vouchers)
- Latest 3 months bank statement where the salary/pension is credited
- Latest 6 months bank statement where the commission is credited
- Letter from employer to the bank confirming applicant’s income
If you are Self-Employed (Sole Proprietorship / Partnership / Company), please provide:
Any 2 of the following documents:
- Latest 2 years B Form / BE Form with official tax payment receipt
- Latest 6 months business account statements
- Latest Profit & Loss account on management accounts; and
- Form A (for Sole Proprietorship) / Form B (for Partnership) / Form 9, 24, 49 (for Company)
How do I apply for a Affin Bank Credit Card in Malaysia?
Application can be made online! All you have to do is to compare all the credit cards and apply now.
Some of the Best Affin Credit Cards You Can Choose:
- Affinbank World MasterCard Treat yourself to the Affinbank World MasterCard with exclusive golf, dining, and shopping privileges. On top of that, embrace a world of privileges such as complimentary travel insurance of up to RM1 million, free entry to airport lounges worldwide, and 24/7 MasterCard concierge services.
- Affinbank Visa Business Platinum A contactless-enabled card specially designed for SME business owners with unlimited cashback for overseas transactions, 6X complimentary access to Plaza Premium Lounge as well as complimentary green fees at the finest golf courses in Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Affinbank BHPetrol ‘Touch & Fuel’ MasterCard Contactless Enjoy fast and convenient payment on the road by simply waving your Affinbank BHPetrol ‘Touch & Fuel’ MasterCard Contactless credit card. Get free petrol credit of RM20 and complimentary insurance coverage for Flight & Travel Personal Accident as well as Personal Accident insurance whenever you’re on the go. On top of that, enjoy first year annual fee waiver and Affin Rewards on your spending.