So I left the corporate world and came back to Malaysia to make an impact. After coming back, I realized that it was challenging to get information and access to financial products, having to constantly walk into bank branches or speak to insurance agents.
This led me to create (with a bunch of co-founders who are still around!) a service which makes this easier, eventually becoming RinggitPlus. Our mission is to empower Malaysians to live better lives by making wiser financial decisions.
Which brings me to this blog...
The world in 2020 looks like a much scarier world than in 2019. Between economic uncertainty (trade wars) and a global pandemic (Covid-19), Malaysia also had an unexpected change of government. While these things sound scary at a national level, what most people should be concerned about is the impact on our personal money.
With many possibly losing jobs, closing down businesses, and the rising cost of living, it more critical than ever to be smart with our money—so we all have more Ringgit in our pockets.
I hope to empower you with the financial experience, skills, and knowledge I acquired over the years.
I promise, this is no 'get rich quick', 'MLM', 'investment scheme'. Just good old logic, simple calculations, and common sense applied to the complicated financial world. You'll learn about smart saving, how to respond to the happenings in the financial world, and how to 'outsmart the system'.
So follow me and make today the start of your financial freedom!
A little more about me:
- First Class Honours in BSc Business Mathematics and Statistics, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Assistant Vice President (Equities and Funds Structured Markets), Barclays Capital, London
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Certified Financial Planner, Financial Planning Association of Malaysia
- Chief Financial Officer, Ambergate Capital Ventures Sdn Bhd
- Council Member, National Economic Action Council