What is a CIMB Senior Basic Savings Account?
For senior age 55 years old and above, this savings account is for you! Please bare in mind that CIMB Senior Basic Savings Account is an offline savings account thus, you can't access it via online and there will be no ATM/debit card as well. However, you will get a passbook.
What are the fees and charges I need to pay?
You don't need to worry to pay an annual fee because it's free for life. Other fees and charges that you need to pay are:
- RM2 - fund transfer within CIMB
- RM5 - fund transfer to another bank
- RM5 - over-the-counter visit (free for first 16 visits)
- RM10 - stamp duty for third party mandate
- RM10 - service charge for third party mandate
- RM20 - early closure fee
- RM20 - replacement of spoil/loss passbook
- RM20 - account certification for EPF withdrawal
- RM30 - letter of reference (visa application, education placement, etc)
Who can apply for this savings account?
Malaysian citizens and permanent residents aged 55 years old and above are eligible to apply for CIMB Senior Basic Savings Account.
You can open a joint account provided one of the individuals is aged 55 years old and above.