With less than two weeks left on the clock to enjoy some special Ramadhan credit card promotions; we selected a few that are worth cramming into your schedule before they run out!
Scrumptious food deals
- Silka Maytower Hotel & Serviced Residences: Exclusive for Public Bank Credit Cardmembers, get 50% off on buffet dinner for the last week of Ramadhan (that’s next week!). There is no prior reservation is required but with a deal like this you may want to call up to make sure you get a spot! Valid until 6 August 2013 at La Maison Restaurant, Silka Maytower Hotel & Serviced Residences, 7, Jalan Munshi Abdullah, 50100 Kuala Lumpur (Tel No. 603 2692 9298).
- Palm Terrace Coffee House, Holiday Villa Subang & Coffee House, Sunway Putra Hotel KL: A deal for all Standard Chartered cardmembers; score a 50% discount on the Ramadhan buffet offering at the Palm Terrace Coffee House, Holiday Villa Subang from 5-7 August and a 25% discount on the Ramadhan buffet at the Coffee House, Sunway Putra Hotel, KL (children get a 50% discount). The deal is also available to Standard Chartered debit cardmembers.
- Flavors Restaurant, Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences Kuala Lumpur: HSBC credit cardmembers get rewarded if they choose to buka puasa at Flavors in groups of 4 diners. Pay for 3 and the third person eats free at the International Ramadhan Bazaar Buffet Dinner. You will be required to book for this one so call in advance at 03-21413333 ext 1190. Promotion is only valid with 3 full paying adult diners until 7 August 2013. Children below 5 eat free.
- Various hotel buffets: CIMB Bank cardmembers will be spoilt for choice with a 20% discount on Ramadhan buffets in more than 10 participating hotels. Hotels include, The Westin, Hilton, The DoubleTree, The Dorsett Regency and Sheraton.
- Hadramawt Restaurants, KL: If you are a Bank Islam cardmember, simply print out the RM20 voucher flyer to redeem at any Hadramawt restaurant with a minimum spend of RM150 in a single receipt. Deal is valid until 31 August 2013.
Shopping deals for last minute bargain-hunting
- The Visa
Raya Celebration at Suria KLCC: ALL Visa cardholders can participate in
this shopping event at Suria KLCC until 11 August 2013. Get rewarded before and
after you shop. The promotion works in 3 ways: 1) get RM10 and RM50 vouchers
redeemable at participating stores before you shop at the Visa Gift Box
counter. Just flash your card at the counter to get your voucher (on a first
come first served basis – vouchers are capped at Visa’s discretion per day); 2)
get a bonus gift when you use your reward vouchers at selected merchants
(capped at 30 gifts per day – randomly distributed); and 3) Spend a minimum of RM500 on your Visa card with maximum 2 receipts to redeem gifts such as iPod
shuffle, TGV movie tickets, exclusive kitchenware and more. Weekend giveaways
include Samsung smartphone, Samsung tablet, iPad 16GB, and Harrods hampers.
- Aeon Shopping Centres: Having a credit card linked to a major retailer is sure to give you deals. Aeon credit cardmembers are treated this Raya to 3 exclusive promotions: 1) Get free duit raya packets with every purchase of RM120 in a maximum of 2 receipts; 2) Cash vouchers worth RM10, RM20 and RM50 in randomly mixed amounts will be given out to 30 lucky shoppers per day during the promotion period who spend above RM400 in a single receipt; 3) Earn a 5% rebate on cumulative spends exceeding RM500 during the campaign period (capped at RM50 per cardmember). However, there are other terms, so do have a read before spending.
- GNC and Melvita stores: Public Bank credit cardmembers can also take the opportunity to stock up on their required health and beauty needs during the Ramadhan period as GNC and Melvita stores are offering discounts at this time. Get 20% GNC branded non-sport items and 5% off all Melvita regular priced merchandise.
- Courts Malaysia: If you’re looking for a little home improvement and you are an AmBank credit cardmember; courts is offering deals for you up until 6 September. Get instant savings of up to RM200 on bedding, electronics, dining and living essentials just by purchasing items on a 0% easy payment plans ( EPP) with your card. You can also redeem AmBonus points on the spot for household items and electronics at lower point redemption rates during the promotion season. EPPs can be taken for 12 or 24 months only with AmBank and AmIslamic credit cards. Check out the full details online before heading to your nearest Courts outlet.
The deals above are merely the tip of the iceberg. Credit card companies are offering deals enough to fill the yellow pages a few times over so just check with your bank for their full flier of Ramadhan promotions.