CIMB: Almost 100% Applications Of Repayment Assistance Programme Approved
Author Avatar
cimb bank

(Image: The Star)

As of mid-October, CIMB Bank and CIMB Islamic Bank have approved almost 100% of more than 60,000 applications from its repayment assistance programme. Amounting to over RM10 billion in total, the applications came from both individual and SME customers.

In a statement, the bank also said that its repayment assistance programme will continue to be made available, providing sufficient application time for customers who are still in need of financial help. This is especially for those who are affected by the resurgence of Covid-19 within the country and the reinstatement of the enhanced movement control order (EMCO) in selected areas.

“The bank stands ready to assist customers during this period and urges customers who are in need of financial assistance to get in touch with the bank. Over the past month, CIMB has been actively sending out letters and emails to affected borrowers who have not contacted CIMB to inform them of the types of extended financial support available,” said the bank. It also reminded that these financial aids will not impact customers’ Central Credit Reference Information System (CCRIS) status if taken.


(Image: New Straits Times)

CIMB further noted that around 85% of its customer base has resumed repayment of their loans starting from 1 October. Meanwhile, the remaining 15% is made up of customers who have taken up the bank’s targeted repayment aids, as well as those who are still speaking to CIMB regarding their restructuring terms.

Individuals in need of help can reach out to CIMB by calling its contact centre at 03-62047788 or by emailing [email protected], whereas SME customers can call 1300 888 828. Alternatively, they can visit the bank’s website for more information.

(Source: The Sun Daily, The Edge Markets)

0 0 votes
Article Rating


Comments (0)

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Top Bank News Articles
Post Image
Malaysian Banks And Local Institutions Offer Financial Assistance For Customers Affected By Covid-19
Alex Cheong
- 1st April 2020
(Last update: 1 April 2020, 3.40pm to include FAQs by banks.) With Malaysia going into an extended period […]
Post Image
Loan Repayment Assistance Under PEMERKASA+ Is Available For Everyone
The RinggitPlus Team
- 15th June 2021
The latest spike in Covid-19 cases has led to the declaration of a third movement control order and […]
Post Image
Public Bank Extended Moratorium: Flexible Arrangements To Reduce Loan Instalments Until End-2021
Jacie Tan
- 7th August 2020
Public Bank has released the details of its Covid-19 assistance for those who will still be in financial […]
Post Image
Applications For PEMULIH Loan Moratorium Start Today – Here’s What You Need To Know
Alex Cheong
- 7th July 2021
On 28 June 2021, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced that a second six-month loan moratorium will […]

Related articles

Related Posts Image
Related Posts Image
Related Posts Image

Overnight Policy Rate Maintained At 1.75%

Jacie Tan -
2nd February 2021
Related Posts Image