Several retailers, grocery outlets, and convenience stores across the country have revised their store business hours in response to the movement restriction order announced by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin last week.
Here is a list of outlets that have changed their operation hours from now until 31 March 2020 to accommodate the country’s fight against the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Most Village Grocer outlets are operating between 10am to 9pm/10pm, except for the following outlets, which will start earlier at 8.30am and end at 9pm/10pm:
- 1 Mont Kiara
- Bangsar Village
- Desa ParkCity Arcadia
- Sunway Giza
- Tropicana Avenue
- Jaya Grocer outlets are open to all customers from 10am to 9pm. However, the elderly and disabled can begin visiting 30 minutes earlier, at 9.30am.
- Econsave Jerantut, Jengka, Batu Berendam, Malim, and Sungai Udang will be open from 8am to 7pm. Econsave Muar and Bakri, on the other hand, will be open from 8am to 6pm.
- NSK has revised its business hours from 7am to 7pm.
- Aeon supermarkets will be open from 8am to 8pm, except for the following outlets:
- Kota Bharu, Melaka, and Bandaraya Melaka (8am – 7pm)
- Queensbay, Bandar Sunway, and Bandar Utama (10am – 8pm)
- Aeon BIG outlets will be open from 8am to 7pm/8pm, except for:
- 3 Damansara and Sutera Utama (10am – 8pm)
- Kuantan (11am – 7pm)
- Tesco stores across the nation will open from 8am to 8pm, except for the following few:
- Tesco Paradigm (11am – 8pm)
- Tesco Wangsa Walk, KSL City, and IOI City Mall (10am – 8pm)
- Tesco in Kota Bahru and Melaka (7am – 7pm)
- Mydin outlets across the country have revised their opening time to 7.30am, 8am, 8.30am, or 9am to accommodate the needs of senior citizens and the disabled. Closing hours will be either 10pm, 10.30pm, or 11pm.
- Most Giant hypermarkets across the country will operate between 8am to 8pm, except for a few that will start at 9.30am, 10am, or 11am. Outlets in the east coast, on the other hand, will close earlier at 5.30pm/6.30pm.
- Family Mart has revised its operation hours from 6am to 12am (midnight).
- 7-Eleven, on the other hand, will be operating from 7am to 11pm daily.
- 99 Speedmart will be open from 8am to 8pm, although some outlets may see an earlier closure time due to guidelines from local authorities.
With the Movement Control Order in full force, Malaysians can still go out to purchase daily essentials including groceries. However, do take note of the changes in operating hours.