2nd August 2022 - 5 min read
As investors, the initial challenge is commonly how to start investing. Apart from taking the time to understand different investment options, or allocating a certain amount to invest, many investment platforms and financial institutions ease the startup process of investing.
Notably, HSBC now provides both beginner and seasoned investors a quick, convenient, and easy way to invest in unit trusts by opening an investment account online via HSBC Online Banking.
To start investing in HSBC’s wide range of unit trusts, first, you need to open an investment account. Follow these easy steps to start:
Once done, you’ll be able to see your unit trust investment account number reflected immediately in your account summary. You can now start investing in unit trusts through HSBC’s investment platforms like EZInvest and Unit Trust Browser ( UTB).
Do note that the Online Investment Account Opening platform is available for existing HSBC customers only. To open a HSBC Current or Savings Account, head to HSBC’s website to do so in just 3 easy steps.
Through the ease of creating an investment account online with HSBC, users will also be able to gain access to HSBC’s noteworthy investment platforms such as EZInvest and UTB.
EZInvest via HSBC Malaysia Mobile Banking app offers investors a simple and easy way to invest in unit trust funds from as low as RM500, with the option of subsequent monthly contribution from as low as RM100. Investors can choose from selected unit trust funds available that are diversified across local, Asia, and global markets, and are also catered to investors of different risk appetites. Investors can easily get a daily updated view of their portfolio performance and conveniently buy or sell with just a tap.
UTB allows investors to compare unit trusts and transact online. Investors will have access to HSBC’s full range of unit trusts and compare them in terms of performance, volatility, holdings, risk ratings, and more to help them better understand and find the right funds.
UTB investors can have access to over 80 unit trust funds that span across a variety of asset classes, geographical exposure, and risk levels, as well as Shariah-compliant and ESG funds.
There are several tools that investors can utilise to deepen their knowledge and understanding to make better-informed decisions before investing such as interactive performance charts, fund comparison tools, and filter functions. Depending on an investor’s objective, strategy and risk class, the platform also features in-depth fund profiles, risk-return profiles and other quantitative analyses by Morningstar.
Furthermore, the selling, buying, and switching funds is made simpler with the UTB at a competitive and affordable sales charge. Investors can also set up recurring investment deposits and plans across MYR and other foreign currencies.
For those looking for a convenient way to start investing in unit trusts or simply looking to diversify your investment portfolio, why not open an investment account with HSBC through their Online Investment Account Opening platform. With the instant ability to invest, along with platform access to EZInvest and UTB, you’ll be exposed to a wide range of unit trust funds and the ease of buying, selling, and switching funds at your fingertips. For more information, click here to head to HSBC’s website.
Note: This material has not been reviewed by the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC).
Important Risk Warning
• Unit Trusts are investment products and some may involve derivatives. The value of investments, unit prices and income distribution may go down or up, and the investor may not get back the original sum invested. Past performance of a fund should not be taken as indicative of its future performance. In a worst case scenario, the value of fund may worth substantially less than the original amount you have invested (and in an extreme case could be worth nothing).
• The investment returns, repayment of capital and distribution payouts are not guaranteed. Investors and potential investors must not solely rely on the content in this website to make investment decisions. Investors are advised to read carefully and understand the contents of prospectus and consider the general risk factors associated with investing in unit trusts in addition to other specific risks uniquely associated with the fund. All the relevant risk factors are set out in the relevant prospectus for the fund.
• You are advised to carefully consider your own circumstances, including not only the product risk level of your selected investment, but also your financial situation, investment knowledge and/or experience, investment objective and preferred investment period. Switching of fixed deposits into any Unit Trusts beyond your risk appetite is highly discouraged.
• When you subscribe into any Unit Trusts with us, the investment amount will be deducted directly from your settlement account(s) with us. Investors and potential investors are reminded not to provide cash for investment purposes to any HSBC employees. Pre-signed forms are also strictly prohibited.
• Before you make any investment decision, you may wish to engage or speak to your relationship manager to understand more about any investment product including the applicable charges, investment objective and return expectation. For first time investors, you should also be made aware of your cooling-off rights for eligible funds.
• Unit Trusts are NOT protected by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (“PIDM”).
Subscribe to our exclusive weekly newsletter and we’ll bring you the week’s highlights of financial news, expert tips, guides, and the latest credit card and e-wallet deals.
Stay tuned for what’s to come next in the personal finance world