RHB has introduced [email protected], a salary crediting account programme that offers a range of financial privileges for accountholders. This includes high interest/profit rates, rebates on financial solutions, as well as lifestyle benefits.
The [email protected] programme is accessible to both employees who receive their salaries from companies that perform payroll transactions through RHB, and also those whose wages are credited through other banks. Depending on the participating account, it lets you earn up to 2.85% interest p.a. for your deposits. In addition to that, you can enjoy a waiver for the interest on instant cash when applying for new RHB credit cards.
Other benefits that you can also enjoy through RHB’s [email protected] programme include:
- Upfront discounts and preferential rates on personal and mortgage financing
- Competitive rates for Amanah Saham Bumiputera (ASB) financing
- Special offers for Private Retirement Scheme (PRS) for a limited time
- Special packages for will writing and Islamic estate planning services
- Exclusive financing package for accountholders who wish to change or upgrade their vehicles, with rates as low as the base rate (BR) + 1.59%
- Waiver of credit and debit card fees
- Max Personal Accident policy with a discounted premium for personal accident benefits of up to RM1 million
- Other discounts and promotions offered by RHB’s partners
To enrol in this programme, your nett monthly salary deposited for the programme must be a minimum of RM2,500 (private sectors and non-government organisations) or RM2,000 (government agencies). It must be credited into one of the following eligible accounts:
- Premier current account/-i (for Premier customers only)
- RHB Smart account/-i
- RHB Saving account/-i
- MaxSave account
- Bonus Saver account
- Basic saving account/-i and basic current account/-i
- Active RHB current or saving account/-i
Note also that if you fail to maintain a monthly deposit for three consecutive months, your enrolment in the [email protected] programme will be terminated.
For non-RHB customers who are interested in joining the programme, you can apply for a participating account online or at one of RHB’s branches. Remember to bring either your latest monthly salary slips or employment letter as a supporting document for the process.
Once your registration is approved, you’ll have to collect your debit card and activate your banking account at a branch, although customers in Klang Valley can also request for a home visit from RHB officers to complete these at their doorsteps. When done, be sure to submit the Letter to Employer provided to your company’s HR department so that your salary will now be credited to your RHB account.
Meanwhile, existing RHB customers with participating accounts can just walk in to any RHB branches, nominate their accounts to join the [email protected] programme, and submit the Letter of Employer to their HR departments.
RHB clarified in a statement that [email protected] is an enhanced version of the RHB Corporate Employee Privilege Scheme (CEPS), which was its previous salary crediting programme with special financial benefits. As such, existing CEPS accounts will be automatically converted to the [email protected] programme.
RHB aims to grow its payroll base with an additional 120,000 [email protected] accounts within the next 12 months, with more upcoming features added to it.