Malaysia Airlines Assessing Need To Increase Fuel Surcharge For All Flights
Author Avatar
(Image: Reuters/Lim Huey Teng)

Malaysia Airlines has said that it is currently assessing the need to raise its fuel surcharge, following the sharp increase in global oil prices. It attributed the significant rise in oil prices to the ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict.

Group chief marketing and customer experience officer of Malaysia Airlines, Lau Yin May stated that its current fuel surcharge is as low as US$8 (approximately RM35.30). She further noted that the surcharge that is borne by passengers only covers 10% of the increased fuel cost; meanwhile, the remaining 90% is absorbed by the carrier.

Additionally, Lau remarked that other airlines around the world are gradually increasing their fuel surcharges to cope with the rising oil prices. She also shared that the spike in oil prices then had severely affected Malaysia Airlines, prompting it to impose a fuel surcharge beginning late last March

(Image: Malay Mail)

For now, Lau commented that Malaysia Airlines has not set a time frame as to when it plans to raise its fuel surcharge, as well as the final figures. However, she said that the airline is constantly reviewing this matter as it has to remain competitive. In determining the fuel surcharge increase, the company also needs to ensure that its services can still be afforded by its customers, she added. 

(Sources: Lowyat.NET, Berita Harian)

0 0 votes
Article Rating

SHARE

Comments (0)

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Top Personal Finance News Articles
Post Image
Petrol Price Malaysia Live Updates (RON95, RON97 & Diesel)
The RinggitPlus Team
- 30th November 2022
We provide weekly updates on every Friday at 5pm on the prices of RON95, RON97 and Diesel in Malaysia and a chart that shows the movement of fuel prices across a 6-week period. Bookmark this page now!
Post Image
Astro 4K Ultra HD Broadcast To Be Available For Subscription By The End of This Year
Brian Chung
- 14th August 2018
By the end of 2018, Astro customers will be able to watch football matches in Ultra HD. Read on to know more about the 4k Ultra HD service.
Post Image
Touch n Go RFID: What Malaysian Road Users Need To Know
Jacie Tan
- 10th August 2018
Everyone’s talking about Touch ’n Go RFID being used at Malaysian highway tolls soon – here’s what you need to know about it.
Post Image
Best High Interest Savings Accounts In Malaysia (October 2022)
Pang Tun Yau
- 5th October 2022
Make your money work for you by depositing them into the best high-interest savings accounts in Malaysia!

Related articles

Related Posts Image
Related Posts Image
Related Posts Image
Related Posts Image