Overview of AmBank Credit Cards in Malaysia
One of the largest banking groups in Malaysia, AmBank has a variety of credit cards that cater to individuals’ unique needs across every segment of income and demographic.
Why choose AmBank credit cards?
Applying for an AmBank credit card in Malaysia as your first credit card or as an upgrade from your previous one is a great choice as you can enjoy paying no AmBank credit card annual fee on both principal and supplementary cards.
While not all cards offer zero annual fee for life, some credit cards give an annual fee waiver when you hit the minimum spending requirement in a year.
Besides, there’s always an exciting Ambank credit card promotion or another going on throughout the year that you don’t want to miss out on.
Just apply, activate, and spend with your AmBank credit card card to enjoy these amazing gifts, discounts, vouchers and many more, which you can find in the AmBank points redemption catalogue.
AmBank credit cards’ features and benefits:
1. Loyalty Points
It pays to be loyal to AmBank because you are getting a card that gives you the power of spending and the benefits for spending. You can collect up to 5x reward points for every RM1 swipe on retail transactions, locally and overseas.
Spend as much as you can because with AmBank credit card points redemption, you can redeem anything on-the-spot or via AmBank redemption catalogue.
If you like bigger and more rewards, get yourself one of the AmBank BonusLink credit cards as you get to collect BonusLink Points every time you spend at participating merchants of BonusLink. That’s not all, you also gain BonusLink Points when you enroll into the AmBank Auto BillPay program.
2. Cash Rebate
For drivers out there looking for a credit card that gives petrol cashback at any petrol station such PETRONAS, Caltex, Petron, and Shell, look no further: get an AmBank cash back credit card such as AmBank CARz Platinum MasterCard and AmBank Islamic Visa Gold CARz Card-i.
Shopping is an addictive hobby for some people. AmBank TRUE VISA Credit Card allows you the freedom to spend and save on your favourite brands at any online shopping platform by giving cash rebates. Plus, it also offers the lowest finance charge of 7.99% p.a. for the first year!
3. Travel Benefits
Enjoy exclusive and free access to Plaza Premium Lounge when you own any of the premium AmBank cards such as AmBank Islamic Visa Signature Card-i. You can also convert you AmBank reward points to air miles to fly for free with Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, and AirAsia.
On top of that, AmBank is also offering you attractive golf privileges and discounts at over 300 golf clubs in Southeast Asia. Just flash your AmBank World MasterCard or any of the selected premium cards to get 50% discount on green fees.
That’s not all, when you charge your airfare to your AmBank card, rest assured that you will be protected with travel insurance and from travel inconveniences such as lost or delayed luggage as well as missed or delayed flight.
4. Flexible Credit Lines
What about AmBank credit card interest? When you need a credit card to settle your outstanding balance from other credit cards, AmBank 0% Balance Transfer is the answer. Most of the AmBank cards also offer easy payment plans with interest rates starting from 0% p.a. and a repayment period of up to 24 months.
You need cash for an emergency? Borrow from AmBank Cash Advance at reasonable flat interest rates and repay flexibly in installment for up to 36 months.
Am I eligible to apply for AmBank Malaysia credit card?
Any individuals holding a valid identity card, aged 21 years old and above is eligible to apply.
Some documents are required during your AmBank credit card application, such as:
- Copy of MyKad (front and back)
- Salary slip / Commission statement
- Latest bank statement
- Latest EPF statement
- Form 9, 24, 49 or Business Registration Certificate
- Latest Form B / BE, with a valid tax receipt
The minimum income requirements for each AmBank card vary depending on which card it is, so make sure to check and see whether your income meets that amount before you apply.
What type of AmBank credit card should I get?
Below is the list of Top 5 AmBank cards that you can compare and apply for.
Best AmBank Credit Cards in Malaysia:
- AmBank BonusLink Visa Signature Get special discounts at over 300 premium golf clubs worldwide, 5x access to airport lounges, and collect up to 3,000 BonusLink Points - all in one exclusive credit card.
- AmBank World MasterCard Get 50% off on Green Fee, unlimited premium airport access, Air Miles conversion, and free annual fee every year with AmBank World MasterCard. Suitable for your premium lifestyle!
- AmBank Islamic Platinum MasterCard CARz Card-i Cash rebate on all petrol brands, CARz Points on retail spending, discounts on auto-related transactions and RM1 million travel Takaful protection
- AmBank TRUE VISA Credit Card A card for Millennial. Enjoy 3% cashback on online retail transactions, low first-year finance charge of 7.99%, and cash management facilities.
- AmBank Islamic Visa Infinite Card-i Travel the world elegantly and Islamically. Collect rewards points that are exchangeable to Air Miles and other gifts. Get covered with up to RM2 million travel Takaful for peace of mind while on board.