Application for the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) i-Sinar facility is now open for individuals who fall under Category 1. Starting from today, eligible members can visit the official i-Sinar website to apply online.
As explained earlier by the EPF, applicants who belong to Category 1 are described as:
- Members who have not contributed to the EPF for at least 2 consecutive months on application, OR
- Members who are still working but have suffered a reduction of their base salary by 30% and above from March onwards
Among some of the members who fall under this category include workers in the formal sector, self-employed individuals and workers in the gig economy, those who have lost their jobs or were forced to take unpaid leave, as well as housewives.
In a bid to help these applicants with their i-Sinar application, the EPF has prepared a detailed step-by-step guide on how to go about the process. Briefly, these are the steps that you’re required to take:
- On the official i-Sinar website, fill in your MyKad/MyPR number and mobile number.
- Fill in the OTP number sent to your mobile phone or answer a security question for identity verification purposes.
- Set the total amount that you wish to withdraw via the i-Sinar facility, as well as the amount that you’d like to receive as your first payment.
- Fill in other required personal and payment information.
- Check and confirm your details, then submit your application.
Meanwhile, the i-Sinar application for individuals in Category 2 will begin on 11 January 2021. Members who fall under this second category are those whose total income has been reduced by 30% and above (total income including base salary and other benefits such as allowances and overtime) from March onwards.
For more information on the EPF’s i-Sinar facility, you can check out our FAQ as well as our coverage on the topic. Alternatively, if you’re ready to apply, head on over to the official i-Sinar website here.