Prudential Assurance Malaysia (PAMB) has partnered with Shopee to offer the Prudential Infectious Disease Cover Plan, providing coverage against four infectious diseases: dengue, malaria, measles, and typhoid. Available only for a limited time until 18 February, this protection plan is given in conjunction with Shopee’s 2.2 CNY sale, and is an app-exclusive offer.
Priced at a premium of RM12.50 for a one-year coverage period, the plan will provide policyholders who are diagnosed with any of the four listed infectious diseases with the following benefits:
- RM1,000 cash relief upon diagnosis
- RM10,000 complimentary cash relief upon death (when you sign up during the campaign period)
On top of these, you will also be able to tap into Prudential’s special Covid-19 coverage, which offers RM1,000 cash relief upon diagnosis and hospitalisation, as well as a RM10,000 death benefit due to Covid-19. This protection plan is only open to Malaysians residing within the country, aged between 19 to 55.
“As we begin a new year, many Malaysians are re-visiting their physical health and wellbeing and re-aligning their priorities to take into account the possibility of health emergencies. While Covid-19 is still top of the mind, it does not undermine the prevalence of other infectious diseases,” said the chief customer and marketing officer of PAMB, Eric Wong in a statement.
The regional managing director of Shopee, Ian Ho concurred. “We are proud of this partnership with Prudential as the opportunity has enabled both sides to innovate and expand our offerings to consumers, ensuring value is added to meet the changing lifestyle needs of consumers,” he said.
Shopee users who are interested can purchase the Infectious Disease Cover Plan via the Shopee app, and then redeem it on the Pulse by Prudential mobile app. Here’s how you can do it:
- After purchasing the plan voucher on the Shopee app, tap on “Me”, followed by “Deals, Top-Ups & Bills”, and then “Orders”.
- Copy the voucher code, and tap on “Go To Redeem”.
- You will be directed to the Pulse by Prudential mobile app (or to download it if you do not have the app).
- Tap on the “PRUShoppe” banner in the Pulse app to find the Infectious Disease Cover Plan.
- Fill in the required information and submit. You will receive a notification in your Pulse app once your application is successful.
Note that the person purchasing the voucher must be the same individual applying to be covered under the Infectious Disease Cover Plan; the voucher is non-transferable. Also, each Shopee user is only allowed to make one application. Meanwhile, those who are unsuccessful in their applications or were not able to apply during the campaign period will receive a refund within 30 days after the end of this campaign. To further sweeten the deal, Prudential and Shopee are also offering RM10 Shopee vouchers to the first 2,800 customers who successfully sign up for the Infectious Disease Cover Plan.
You can find out more about the Infectious Disease Cover Plan on Prudential’s website. Alternatively, search for Prudential on the Shopee app if you’re ready to purchase the plan.