Wahed Invest Launches Shariah-Compliant US Stock Portfolio In Malaysia
Author Avatar

Wahed Invest has launched its Wahed FTSE USA Shariah ETF (HLAL) in Malaysia, which will provide local investors with exclusive access and passive index exposure to a Shariah-compliant US equities exchange traded fund (ETF).

With this, you will be able to invest in large- and mid-cap firms within the United States, encompassing sectors such as technology, energy, and healthcare. The fund has a total of 219 constituents (as of June 2021), with major names including Apple, Tesla, and Intel. Here’s a list of the top 10 constituents of the fund, along with the net market capitalisation and the weightage that each carries within the fund:

You can also see the sector breakdown of the fund here; the technology sector is a dominating sector with almost 35%, followed by healthcare and industrial goods and services at 22.27% and 8.92%, respectively:

In introducing the fund, Wahed Invest clarified that 97.5% of your investment will be distributed to the Wahed FTSE USA Shariah ETF. The remaining 2.5%, meanwhile, will be allocated as cash. Wahed Invest also noted that the Wahed FTSE USA Shariah ETF is a low-cost fund, with an expense ratio of 0.50%.

Another benefit to the fund is that it uses the FTSE USA Shariah Index as a benchmark index. The FTSE US Shariah Index is one of the world’s leading index that has been fully certified as shariah-compliant through the issue of a fatwa – based off principals determined by its shariah consultant, Yasaar Limited. It essentially monitors the constituents of the parent FTSE USA Index based on their businesses and financial ratios to confirm their shariah status.

The Wahed FTSE USA Shariah ETF (HLAL) had actually first debuted in the United States back in 2019. Listed on Nasdaq, it was Wahed Invest’s first ETF. You can find out more about the fund on Wahed Invest’s website. Alternatively, here’s the latest factsheet of the Wahed FTSE USA Shariah ETF.

(Source: Wahed Invest)

5 1 vote
Article Rating

SHARE

Comments (0)

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Top Apps Articles
Post Image
Astro 4K Ultra HD Broadcast To Be Available For Subscription By The End of This Year
Brian Chung
- 14th August 2018
By the end of 2018, Astro customers will be able to watch football matches in Ultra HD. Read on to know more about the 4k Ultra HD service.
Post Image
Shopee Introduces SPayLater, Lets Users Buy Items Now And Pay Later
Alex Cheong Pui Yin
- 18th January 2021
Shopee has introduced a new payment feature that lets its Malaysian users purchase items and pay for them […]
Post Image
How To Pay TNB Bills With Boost, GrabPay, And Touch ‘n Go eWallet
Pang Tun Yau
- 13th February 2020
In recent months, e-wallets (and even Shopee and Lazada) began offering bill payment options, which means Malaysians can […]
Post Image
BigPay Introduces New Local & International Remittance Service At Lower Rates
Christine Tay
- 23rd September 2019
BigPay users are now able to send money abroad at lower rates to selected countries in Southeast Asia.

Related articles

Related Posts Image
Related Posts Image
Related Posts Image
Related Posts Image