What is Citibank Checking Account-i about?
This is an Islamic checking account by Citibank that integrates savings and current accounts' features, and opens to all Citibank customers. Citibank Checking Account-i rewards hibah (gift) by way of profit payment when you maintain a minimum balance of RM5,000.
It is easy to open a Checking Account-i; all you need to have is a minimum deposit of RM5,000, and some supporting documents upon registration.
How is the profit rate calculated?
The profit rate of 1.60% p.a. will only be charged when you have a balance of at least RM5,000 in your checking account-i. The profit rate will be calculated on your balance on daily basis and credited to your account every month.
What do I get upon opening of this Citibank current account?
There are more than meet the eyes with Citibank Checking Account-i, such as:
- Citibank Debit & ATM card and a personalized cheque book will be issued to you within 3 days after successful account opening
- Convenience of cross-border fund transfers and account overview via Citibank Global Transfer and Online Global View
- Emergency cash withdrawal up to US$10,000 at any Citibank branches worldwide
- Access to over 20,000 Citibank ATM worldwide, 11,000 MEPS ATMs nationwide
- Free Interbank GIRO fund transfer which otherwise could cost you RM0.11...and many more!
Is it safe to keep my money in this current account?
Absolutely. You can rest assured that your fixed deposit with Citibank is guaranteed up to RM250,000 by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia.